Old Glory

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh the red tape!

It may not seem like it since we haven't had many updates lately, but we are progressing.  I am amazed at how much time and paperwork it takes to get things in order for a non-profit foundation.  My goodness!  We are in the process of applying for our 501 (C)(3) and once that is completed we will be on our way to hopefully collecting some major money.  My sister's fundraiser in NC was a huge success and I expect to receive a check for a little over $1,300 by the end of the week!  Great job sis!  She is already planning her next one which will be a golf tournament (details to follow later) and I am certain it too will be a huge success.  We are looking forward to all the fundraisers we will be doing here in AR as well and once we get all our paperwork completed the fun stuff will begin!  We have received many donations through the mail.  Some from family and friends and some from complete strangers.  It's been so heart warming to see these come in like they have.  We will be selling some bracelets with our name and website on them (pictures to follow later) as well as t-shirts that we hope to have created in the near future.  There are lots of things in the works, but at least we are still moving forward.  Our huge supporters with http://www.daisyandelm.com/with her R.E.D. Friday Jewelry (Remember Everyone Deployed) and http://undergroundvintage.blogspot.com/2011/07/busy-bees.html with her items she is donating the proceeds from and don't forget the Christian Rock Band "Take It Back" http://facedownrecords.com/ who will have t-shirt made with our logo on the back and band picture on the front for sale and all proceeds will go to WFOT are making huge contributions as well as getting the word out.  A big thank you for that! 
I look forward to the next update being one that announces we have our 501 (C)(3) completed and many more steps behind us.  Thank you to Russell for his time and help with everything as well as everyone on our Advisory committee.  I know it takes a huge commitment and dedication to work on a foundation like this and Tebo and I are so grateful to each and every one of you.

2 comments:

  1. WOW.... Way to go sissy... So wish I was closer to MY family I would love to help with all the events you have coming up. I am so proud of you and Tebo for working through all this Red Tape, I know the hard work that goes into just planning a fund raiser night but I can't imagine how hard you two have worked putting all this together... Thank you both for everything, TOGETHER WE WILL ALL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A SOLDIERS LIFE ~ Now I don't know about anyone else but that SURE DOES FEEL GOOD!!!!! Love you to the moon and back.... Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing something good is often difficult, which may be the reason many people don't try. I hate the reason you created WFOT but I'm so proud to be a part of it and proud of you. We will make this a success. It's only a matter of time. :)

    ReplyDelete