Old Glory

Friday, September 23, 2011

We are still moving...

I know it doesn't seem like much is going on, but I promise we are still moving forward.  We've gotten (what we hope) is some of the finally paperwork to the accountant to complete this 30+ page application for the 501 C-3 and once it's completed it can be filed.  Of course, once it's filed, it can take up to 18 months to actually be accepted, BUT, lucky (I hope) for us, I've made friends with a lady that works for that department and she is from a military family and loves this idea that she said she would help push our application through.  I hope she is able to do that and we don't have to wait the full 18 months, but even if we do it will be worth it in the end. 
There is another fundraiser being planned in Asheville, NC on October 8th by my sister and it will be partnered with friends of hers for a wounded warrior.  It already sounds like it has been a huge success just with the participation they've received so I can't wait to hear all about it and share the details and pictures with you. 
Tebo and I were also invited to Memphis, TN to do an interview with a local station there (I will give more details once the interview is complete) to discuss this foundation.  It's exciting and very scary to say the least as it will be a live interview (Eeek). 
People love our military and they want to help.  We just need to get this vehicle up and really running to allow them an avenue to help.

Thank you again in advance for all your support and encouragement.  Some days it can be quite the challenge for me to feel the motivation I need to continue pushing forward with this or anything else for that matter, but you all make it so much easier to take that next step each day.  Even the hard days, you find a way to make it a little easier and I thank you for that.

Good things are coming so just hang on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment